Sunday, June 17, 2012

Advertize vs Advertise - Does It Matter How You Spell Advertize

Over the past several months, I've been working the Seo and dynamics of optimization for keywords, and recently I came across the epitome of disclaimers over spell checker. But... In good faith, I must say, there's a purpose to my madness.

When I originally chose the name for a website about advertizing, I misspelled the word accidentally. Fingers on the wrong keys, can't spell, bad typo, you pick the excuse, I'll use it, but in all fairness, I'd been typing the word correctly for several attempts and the last time I typed it in, I misspelled it, nabbed the domain and ran for the exit. Then I looked backwards and realized nobody was chasing me. Dratt! What'd I do wrong. I looked at the spelling. I figured I moved a vowel in business* or something overt that wouldn't work. Nope, I used a Z in place of an S in Advertize. Yay! It works.

Domain Name Yahoo

My gnome de plume has the essence of success, and there it is Misspelled for the world to notice. (Exhaustion often takes me where I didn't want to go, but that's an additional one story.) Misspelled works for me. As soon as Google crawled my website, I hit the front page, optimized for the misspelled word. But the numbers rankled! I wanted something more.

Advertize vs Advertise - Does It Matter How You Spell Advertize

If I can misspell it once, can I do it again and get results?

Perhaps, but will it work?

(The conversations I have with myself should be recorded for some sanity testing level of psychoanalysis. unquestionably there's a cure in there somewhere!)

Write articles!!! Whoohoo, that works. If I write articles and misspell Advertize in them, sending every link back to my Misspelled Site, it should get some attention, right? Well, it does work.

In just a few months of random articles with the title Advertize (misspelled of course) were dotting the data Highway and I was happy with the results. The word Advertize was searched just short of a million times (with results) and at the top of those results was my website. Yahoo! article Marketing and Seo works.

Are you ready to double those results?

Advertize vs Advertise - Does It Matter How You Spell Advertize

Marine Amplifiers baby cribs bedding Volleyball

0 Responses to “Advertize vs Advertise - Does It Matter How You Spell Advertize”

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved domain name yahoo